Monday, May 11, 2009

Here goes nothing... Mother's Day

I am not sure how good I am going to be at this blogging thing but I will try it out.

I got woken up at 6 am by my wonderful son, Callan. I tried to wake up Ryan but him and Waige went to the Brewers game and didn't get home until 12:30. I guess he couldn't get to sleep when he got home. I have no clue, since we got the king sized bed I have no idea when/if he is in bed. I love it. The day didn't get much better. It was really just a regular old Sunday, crabby no napping kids.

For the first time in four years I got a card and a gift from Lori. I must say that I was more then shocked. Every time something doesn't go her way or she doesn't want to do something it is all my fault. It comes with the territory of being a step mom I guess. It was a really sweet card and she got me a pair of earrings. I don't think she will ever know how much that meant to me. Now I have to try to get the earrings in, I haven't worn earring since Bennett discovered I had earlobes.

I did get a hanging basket of flowers and a small mum from the boys and a card that Ryan did not sign. And I had a delicious, stressful dinner. Dinner at our house is always stressful especially when Bennett hasn't taken a nap. Yesterday was no different. He had a complete melt down during dinner and nothing help. Callan ate great for the first time in a few days so that was good.

After dinner Ryan started to cut the grass and I offered to do it just to get away from the whining. I was also most done and the mower ran out of gas, so I grabbed a gas can out of the garage and filled it up. Well I still couldn't get it started so I called Ryan out. He oh so nicely let me know that I put the wrong gas in. So we had a few words in the backyard, drained the gas out and put the right stuff back in. After about 15 minutes he finally got it started and finished the grass.

Needless to say I was very happy to see the day come to an end. Hope you have enjoyed me first blog entry and hopefully there are more to come!

2 comments:

  1. OOh, Nicole! You have a blog now too... yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I was logged in under Cooper's blog. That was me, obviously, I don't know how many Coopers you know.

    ReplyDelete